If you are passionate about creative designing and illustration, you could very well be a modern-day Picasso. All you need to do now is embark on your creative journey with our Diploma in Graphic Design!
This course, fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA), will give you the opportunity to develop your skills in creating top-notch artwork and designs for real-life industry projects with some of the country’s leading brands and agencies.
- Discover the powerful uses of typography and design principles in creating meaning across communication.
- Manipulate photography and illustration to create original works.
- Master industry-standard software and related tools in a technical environment.
- Learn the language of graphic design so you graduate job-ready.
- Receive a Diploma from the International Advertising Association (IAA), New York upon completion.
- Gain access to advance standing into Year 2 of the BA (Hons) Advertising and Design or Year 3 of other degree programmes offered by the University of Sunderland.
- Gain access to advance standing into Year 3 of the BA (Hons) in Graphic Communication offered by the University of Northampton.
With the Diploma in Graphic & Design, you will gain entry into:
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, De Montfort University
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design and Illustration, De Montfort University
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, University of Gloucestershire
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, University of Hertfordshire
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, Leeds Arts University
- BA (Hons) Graphic Communication, University of Northampton
- BA(Hons) Graphic Design, University of the West of England
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, University of Bedfordshire
- BA(Hons) Graphic Design, University of Derby
- BA (Hons) Graphic Communication, University of South Wales
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Graphic Design– Top-up, University For The Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Graphic Design, University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Web Design and Production, University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Design, University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Design and Communication, University of Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Design in Communication Design, Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design in Motion Design, Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design in Photomedia, Swinburne University of Technology
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design Communication, Limerick Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts and Design, Dankook University, Korea
About IACT College
A pioneer in creative communications education as early as the 1970, IACT has since established itself as the nations premier creative communication’s specialist. We do not just teach creativity, we actively inspire it as a trusted educator in the creative industry- with our students receiving over 90 prestigious industry awards over the past 5 years. We are also the only college in Malaysia to receive accreditation from the International Advertising Association in New York, and continue to focus on providing industry ready education with programmes designed and developed to train our students for industry expectations.
How Do I Get In?
- 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE;
- 3 Bs in UEC; or
- IACT College Certificate in Communication Studies; or
- Other qualifications recognized by the Ministry of Education Malaysia
English Language Proficiency:
- SPM - Grade E
- UEC - C8
- IELTS - Band 4.0
- IGCSE 1st Language - PASS
* Trial examinations/ forecast results are accepted
* Candidates who do not have a credit in Art at SPM level will need to pass an interview and a drawing test, or portfolio assessment.
Hello there, welcome to Course Advisor!
Need advice? Talk to us
This module underlines basic advertising concepts and the roles that advertisers, advertising agencies, the media and other related professional bodies play in the industry, as well as how the industry works to reach its target audience.
Art and Design Fundamentals
This is an introductory module that looks into the creative process and fundamental theories of design. You will learn conceptualisation & problem-solving skills, elements and principles of design and practices in studio art. The understanding of these building blocks allows you to practice expressing ideas through the visual language.
Photography & Digital Imaging
You will be introduced to various topics surrounding photography & digital imaging, ranging from display design to basic knowledge on how to use a DSLR. This module will also use case studies on famous photographs for discussion purposes.
Digital Imaging 2
This module introduces you to the most basic design software used today. You are taught to handle simple and basic computer design functions and applications. Practical and theoretical assignments will be given to increase your knowledge of the relevant software.
Principles of Drawing
This module covers different aspects of drawing and sketching techniques. This will allow you to learn and experiment with the versatile usage of drawing tools.
Communication English 102
This subject aims to help you express your opinions and views in English and to further improve reading comprehension as well as write academic essays confidently.
Communication English 103
This subject aims to further help you express your opinions and views in English and to further improve reading comprehension as well as write academic essays confidently.
This module sets out to change your mind-set by helping you understand creativity, what it takes to be creative and how to be a creative thinker. Besides enhancing your creative thinking ability, it also helps you hone analytical skills.
History of Arts
You will be taught the different areas of art and the importance of masterpieces from the early Greek and Roman ages, through to the 15th-16th century, including contemporary art. This module examines how and why these pieces look the way they do and what they mean within the particular context.
You will be exposed to the skills needed for effective presentations. This module encourages you to think critically about your audience and the purpose of presenting when planning for and delivering the presentation.
You will be introduced to the history, anatomy, classification, and terminology of typography, thus developing a basic understanding of the subject. You will further explore the technical and aesthetic aspects of typography to learn effective communication through this medium.
You will be encouraged to explore the various creative avenues and mediums of advertising design. Classes will be conducted via lectures and practical work, such as research and brainstorming exercises. You will get to serve dual roles as a client and member of the creative teams. Critiques will be carried out, requiring you to present your initial ideas.
Digital Video and Audio Production
In this module, you will cover a technical understanding of coders, decoders, and coding techniques for production on most commercial digital platforms. This module carefully explains each stage’s techniques and addresses various challenges.
You will get to experience publication or editorial tasks including grid techniques, advance typography, image manipulation and designing multi-page documents. You will also hone your skills in constructing page layouts and designing.
In-Company Practical Training
You will learn how to develop strategies which will allow you to extend and apply your learning beyond the educational institution. In-Company Training is structured to provide an opportunity for you to critically reflect on the relationship between academic studies and advertising, marketing and communication practices, thus enriching your knowledge of the industry.
This module focuses on the development of art direction skills and knowledge of principles that reflect current industry practices. You are taught the essentials of the art directing process, comprising relevant visual elements and solutions to reflect the brand’s intended advertising message.
This module covers a wide aspect of drawing on digital platforms. You will learn a variety of digital painting techniques, in addition to the general study of colours, balance and composition for both conceptual ideation and literal digital representation.
This module combines the practical, cosmetic, and environmental issues of packaging manufacturing with the awareness on the needs of current technology. It also delves into the creative and practical exploration of materials and processes.
This module introduces you to the Internet, its technologies and the various applications that can be used to design a commercial website. You are also shown how to adopt suitable designs for segments of various industries. This module teaches you to approach web design from two perspectives: text-based and graphic-based.
You will become familiar with industry terms and uses of motion graphics and multimedia production. You will also understand animation techniques and procedures incorporating still graphics, text, video and audio for high quality broadcast standard multimedia production. You will also explore the qualities of motion graphics and visual effects capabilities of Adobe After Effects to the power of green screen filming, 2D compositing, keying, rotoscoping, and addressing a wide variety of post-production challenges. You will also learn storyboard development, video based production and appropriate utilization of design software.
Professional Portfolio Development & Exhibition
This module deals with the various methods of creating a professional portfolio, both for the year end exhibition and job-seeking purposes. You will be exposed to the various creative presentation methods for each module within this programme.
This module presents you with an opportunity to explore the history, theories and contexts of advertising, design and media. You will investigate the various causes and influences on advertising and design-related practices within broad cultural and contextual frameworks.
Marketing Management (New Media)
You will learn how to establish realistic business and performance goals for new media, systematically evaluate new technologies and determine the optimum tactical mix of options, considering objectives and available resources. You will also evaluate in-market results against specific return-on-investment metrics.
Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 or Pengajian Malaysia 2
Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 teaches international students the basics of the Malay language to help in their daily communication. You will also learn to read, write and understand simple sentences and paragraphs in Malay. Pengajian Malaysia 2 discusses history and politics, the Constitution, administrative systems and structures, community and unity, nation-building and religious beliefs. You will foster a strong sense of national identity and patriotism
Study of Religions
This module aims to develop your understanding of living religions of the world with emphasis on fundamental doctrines and beliefs, historical development, institutions, teachings and also practices.
Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Problem Solving and Decision Making
Bahasa Kebangsaan A helps in grasping the national language to effectively communicate, and express thoughts clearly and creatively through verbal and written communication. Problem Solving And Decision Making introduces you to the concepts and strategies in problem solving and decision making. Students are expected to apply these concepts and processes to a variety of problems and scenarios within the creative communications industry.
Serving Our Society (S.O.S.)
S.O.S is a student-run society that supports both local and international community work, as well as strengthens the bond between students and staff through community activities.
You can also earn a microcredential from:
- Advertising and Society
University of Colorado Boulder
- Basic Elements of Design: Design Principles and Software Overview
- Graphic Elements of Design: Color Theory and Image Formats
- Textual Elements of Design: Fonts, Typography, and Spacing
California Institute of the Arts
- Fundamentals of Graphic Design
- Ideas from the History of Graphic Design
- Introduction to Typography
Michigan State University
- Design and Make Infographics
- Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR
University of Michigan
- Introduction to HTML5,
- Introduction to CSS3,
- Advanced Styling with Responsive Design
- Web Design for Everybody Capstone
Diploma in Marketing & Advertising
As one of the most established advertising diplomas in the country, you will be groomed to become a versatile professional in the creative industry, specialising in advertising and marketing communications.
Diploma in Mass Communication
The Diploma in Mass Communication is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in Public Relations, Broadcasting, and Journalism. This programme hones and nurtures the students' process of communication to prepare them for the creative industry.
Diploma in Broadcasting & Film
You will learn the art and science that go into broadcasting and filmmaking. This course is ideal if you wish to kick-start a career in the creative field of broadcasting, digital media production, and film production.