This course is a compulsory professional examination if you wish to gain admission into the Malaysian Bar as a qualified advocate and solicitor.
The examination is conducted by the Legal Profession Qualifying Board and regulated by the Legal Profession Act 1976 (Act 166). Upon successful completion of the examinations, you may proceed to chamber under a Master at a law firm of your choice or enter the corporate world.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the principles, rules, practices, powers and procedures that govern legal practice in Malaysia.
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities, liabilities, immunity, privileges and ethics of the Legal Profession in Malaysia.
- Gain detailed knowledge of the procedures governing the various stages of a trial, from commencing civil proceedings in the High Court and the Subordinate Courts to judgment.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the rules, practices and procedures of criminal justice to ensure proper and efficient administration.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of all the principles of evidence and be able to apply that knowledge practically in civil and criminal proceedings.
About Brickfields Asia College
Firmly the Nation’s No 1 CLP School, BAC has the best track record by producing the National Top CLP Student for 15 Years in a Row and has the best pass rates for the CLP exams since 2005. You will learn from an outstanding faculty team, consisting of leading lawyers and academicians, who have produced outstanding results consistently for over 30 years.
BAC's close ties with top law firms and multinational corporations also provide you with exclusive employment and internship opportunities via JustLaw.Asia.
How Do I Get In?
- You are required to be a Malaysian citizen or a PR Holder and have a minimum of:
- 5 SPM Credits or equivalent in a single sitting, and
- Foundation/ 2 A-Level Passes / 2 STPM Principals or its equivalent, in a single sitting, and
- A Law degree recognised by the LPQB
Entry Requirements for Mature Students are:
*Subject to changes by the LPQB
Hello there, welcome to Course Advisor!
Need advice? Talk to us
This module covers study of the law of tort and contract in Malaysia. You will gain an understanding of the basic principles of the drafting of pleadings, legal principles, relevant case laws and a good understanding of the Malaysian Law of Torts and Contract.
This module introduces you to the body of procedural law in Malaysia that sets out the rules and standards for the civil courts when adjudicating civil actions. You will learn to understand the application of these provisions and relevant procedure which governs the various aspects of civil procedure.
You will study the rules governing a criminal adjudication process. This includes the investigation, charging, bail applications, jurisdictional issues, sentencing as well as procedures in relation to criminal appeal. You will learn to understand the aims and nature of Malaysian criminal justice system.
You will gain an understanding of the different rules which govern admissibility of evidence in Malaysia in which you are required to apply relevant legal principles in different factual situations. You will be introduced to the objectives and principles of the law of Evidence and learn to relate the same to issues which arise in civil and criminal proceedings.
This module introduces you to the rules governing the professional conduct of Advocates and Solicitors in Malaysia as well as the professional ethics which should be adhered to in legal practice. You will also learn to apply the principles of land law, bankruptcy and winding up as well as probate and administration of estates.
Corporate Law & Governance
Our Master in Corporate Law and Governance is designed to focus on aspects of law and general management that are related to business, regulatory and governance decision-making. It ensures you are trained in the practical aspects of corporate law and the current practices on corporate governance issues.
Master of Arts in Law
As a lawyer or lawyer-to-be, you need to set yourself apart by delving into deeper understandings of the law. Our Master of Arts in Law is tailored to provide you with the intellectual skills and professional expertise required in specialist areas of law, such as Criminal, Commercial, Corporate, IT Law, amongst others.
LLB (Hons), University of London
Upon completing the course, you will join a distinguished group of solicitors, barristers and judges around the world who began their careers by obtaining their law degree from the University of London. You will develop the ability to identify and understand key concepts in substantive law, legal theory, and procedure in domestic and international law contexts.