Think of brands, advertisements and marketing campaigns. Does any come to mind? If you can remember a specific one, then it has served its purpose. Keeping up with trends, creating unique concepts and finding new ways to impress consumers - the world of marketing and advertising is incredibly exciting and fast-paced. Are you interested in the ways companies and businesses choose to advertise and market their services or products? Do you always have ideas of how certain campaigns and advertisements could improve?
As one of the most established advertising diplomas in the country, this programme is fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualifying Agency (MQA).
- Hone your interest in the field.
- Develop your skills in marketing and advertising.
- Become a versatile professional in the creative industry.
- Gain access to advance standing into Year 2 of the BA (Hons) in Advertising and Design or Year 3 of other degree programmes offered by the University of Sunderland.
- Gain access to advance standing into the BA (Hons) in Marketing Management or Year 3 of the BA (Hons) in Advertising & Digital Marketing offered by the University of Northampton.
- Upon completion, gain a Diploma from the International Advertising Association (IAA), New York.
With the Diploma in Marketing & Advertising, you will gain entry into:
- BA (Hons) Advertising & Marketing Communications, De Montfort University
- BA (Hons) Marketing Management, De Montfort University
- BA (Hons) International Business & Marketing, De Montfort University
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication (top-up), University of Gloucestershire
- BA Marketing (Advertising & Branding), University of Gloucestershire
- BA (Hons) Advertising & Design, University of Sunderland
- BA (Hons) Film Production, University of Sunderland
- BA (Hons) Marketing, University of Hertfordshire
- BA (Hons) Creative Advertising, Leeds Arts University
- BA (Hons)Marketing Management (Top-Up), University of Northampton
- BA (Hons) Advertising & Digital Marketing, University of Northampton
- Bachelor of Communication in Advertising, University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Communication, University of Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Business, University of Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Media and Communication, Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Market Insight: Marketing, Advertising, Retailing & Sales major), AUT University
- Bachelor of Communication Studies (Advertising Creativity major), AUT University
- Bachelor of Social Science in Advertising and PR, Dankook University, Korea
About IACT College
A pioneer in creative communications education as early as the 1970, IACT has since established itself as the nations premier creative communication’s specialist. We do not just teach creativity, we actively inspire it as a trusted educator in the creative industry- with our students receiving over 90 prestigious industry awards over the past 5 years. We are also the only college in Malaysia to receive accreditation from the International Advertising Association in New York, and continue to focus on providing industry ready education with programmes designed and developed to train our students for industry expectations.
How Do I Get In?
- 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE;
- 3Bs in UEC; OR
- IACT College Certificate in Communication Studies; OR
- Other qualifications recognized by the Ministry of Education Malaysia
English Language Proficiency
- Achieve a minimum score Band 2 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET); or
- SPM – Grade C; or
- UEC – B6; or
- IGCSE 1st Language – E; or
- IGCSE 2nd Language/ GCE O Level / GCE A/AS Level – D; or
- IB English A1/A2/B Higher Level – 2; or
* Trial examinations/ forecast results are accepted
*Candidates who do not have a credit in Art at SPM level, will need to pass an interview and a drawing test, or portfolio assessment
Hello there, welcome to Course Advisor!
Need advice? Talk to us
You will get the chance to study basic advertising concepts and the roles that advertisers, advertising agencies, the media and other related professional bodies play in the industry, as well as how the industry works to reach its target audience.
Communication English 102
This subject aims to help you express your opinions and views in English and to further improve reading comprehension as well as write academic essays confidently.
Communication English 103
The subject aims to help you express your opinions and views in English and to further improve reading comprehension as well as write academic essays confidently.
This module's focus area brings you up to speed on research terminology, the basic principles of statistical methods and sampling theories, as well as various types of research applications in the marketing communications field.
Media: Research Strategy, Planning and Buying
You will explore the nature and scope of media research available and set media objectives and their rationales. This module also teaches you how to plan and execute a media strategy.
You will be introduced to the most basic design software used today and taught to handle simple and basic computer design functions and applications.
This module invites you to change your creative mindset by helping you to understand creativity, what it takes to be creative and how to be a creative thinker. Besides developing your creative thinking, it also helps in honing your analytical skills.
Introduction to Sociology
This module will expose you to the discipline of sociology, theories and its research methods. It discusses the relationships between individual cultures and society, and how social and cultural forces influence personal experiences and group behaviours.
This module encourages reflection upon the relationship between mass communication and our society. You will be taught the various communication elements and processes in order to better understand media messages and the impact of media content on audience attitudes and behaviour.
This module gives you the opportunity to analyse the role of marketing, managing markets from the perspective of information system management, analysis of markets, managing products, promotions, as well as pricing and distribution strategies.
This module exposes you to the skills needed for effective presentations. It also encourages you to think critically about your audience and the purpose of presenting while planning for and delivering a presentation.
Advertising Campaign Management
This module introduces you to the business of advertising through the critical role of an account manager. It follows the logical progression of account-planning tasks from start to finish. It equips you with the knowledge and practical aspects of how to formulate an advertising campaign. You will also be introduced to the essentials of executing a campaign based on a client’s brief.
A company’s most important asset is its brand. This module focuses on honing your understanding of the importance of branding, creating and enhancing brand value as well as managing the brand. It blends theory, concepts and the practice of brand management through lectures, exercises and case study discussions.
This module helps you look at the modes by which consumers obtain information and make decisions about products. It also helps you perceive how consumer opinions and attitudes are formed. You will develop a better appreciation of values, beliefs, prejudices and persuasion adopted in consumers’ lifestyles.
In-Company Practical Training
This module helps you develop strategies which will extend your learning beyond the educational institution, into the industry. The Internship Reflection exposes you to the critical and analytical thinking of industry practice, communication skills and identification of professions that may be of interest. A thorough analysis will be documented in the form of a comprehensive report and presentation.
This module reflects on the current interactive media prevalent in our society today, especially pertaining to internet technology (but not limited to this medium). You will cover the basic fundamentals required in this form of direct marketing, as well as the strategies and practices of interactive marketing such as social networking.
Creative Concept Development
This module focuses on hands-on assignments, where you will learn the ideation processes in which creative thinking is carried out and developed into advertising concepts. This process teaches you to become an advertising idea generator.
Creative Process and Execution
This module looks at the creative process, its basic disciplines and applications, creative thinking, creative approaches and styles, art direction and execution.
Cross Cultural Studies for Advertising & Marketing Communication
You will be provided with an overview of the different aspects of culture and its relationship with marketing and advertising strategies.
You will explore the history, theories and contexts of advertising, design and media. This module investigates the causes and influences of advertising and design-related practices in broad cultural and contextual frameworks, which are fundamental. You will learn to analyse stereotypes, notions, value, class, race, gender, spectatorship, psychology and art movements, through application of critical theories and media theories.
This module will focus on building a great Book (the creative portfolio) customised to your strengths, though creating on-strat and conceptually grabbing campaigns from various briefs.
Choose any 2 modules below:
You will delve into a cultural analysis of visuals and their meanings. Workshops/studio time will be used to experiment with these relationships and further explore your technical skills and knowledge.
This module will cover areas on effective copywriting and copywriting for various media, such as print, radio, TV, billboards, etc.
Integrated Marketing Communications
This module synergistically blends various marketing communications aspects (advertising, sales promotion, public relations, direct and interactive marketing, and personal selling) to effectively promote a product. You will be required to apply this knowledge in planning and developing a relevant and effective IMC campaign.
This module provides a deep understanding of international business and how marketing relates to other businesses in serving the needs of overseas consumers. It also develops curiosity on the dynamics of a fast-changing environment.
Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 or Pengajian Malaysia 2
Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 teaches international students the basics of the Malay language to help in their daily communication. You will also learn to read, write and understand simple sentences and paragraphs in Malay. Pengajian Malaysia 2 discusses history and politics, the Constitution, administrative systems and structures, community and unity, nation-building and religious beliefs. You will foster a strong sense of national identity and patriotism
Study of Religions
This module aims to develop your understanding of living religions of the world with emphasis on fundamental doctrines and beliefs, historical development, institutions, teachings and also practices.
Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Problem Solving and Decision Making
Bahasa Kebangsaan A helps in grasping the national language to effectively communicate, and express thoughts clearly and creatively through verbal and written communication. Problem Solving And Decision Making introduces you to the concepts and strategies in problem solving and decision making. Students are expected to apply these concepts and processes to a variety of problems and scenarios within the creative communications industry.
Serving Our Society (S.O.S.)
S.O.S is a student-run society that supports both local and international community work, as well as strengthens the bond between students and staff through community activities.
You can also earn a microcredential from:
- Advertising and Society
University of California Davis
- Qualitative Research
- Research Report: Delivering Insights
IE Business School, Madrid
- Marketing Mix Fundamentals
- Market Research and Consumer Behavior
- Branding & Customer Experience
- Integrated Marketing Communications: Advertising, Public Relations, Digital Marketing and more
University of Illinois
- Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives
- Creativity Toolkit II: Creative Collaboration
- Marketing Management
- Digital Media and Marketing Principles
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Ensuring Your Content's Impact
University of Colorado Boulder
- Graphic Design Elements for Non-Designers Specialization
Yonsei University, South Korea
- International Marketing Entry and Execution
Diploma in Mass Communication
The Diploma in Mass Communication is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in Public Relations, Broadcasting, and Journalism. This programme hones and nurtures the students' process of communication to prepare them for the creative industry.
Diploma in Broadcasting & Film
You will learn the art and science that go into broadcasting and filmmaking. This course is ideal if you wish to kick-start a career in the creative field of broadcasting, digital media production, and film production.
Diploma in Graphic Design
This course will give you the opportunity to develop your skills in creating top-notch artwork and designs for real-life industry projects with some of the country’s leading brands and agencies.